USING AND ENJOYING YOUR NEW JACUZZI® INFRARED SAUNA
Congratulations on your new Jacuzzi® infrared sauna. Your purchase is an investment in your health and relaxation. We’re sure you will have years of enjoyment and benefit from regular use of your sauna.
We put this page together to act as a guide to help you get started using and enjoying your sauna. The user guide and installation manual included with your sauna has full instructions on how to setup and install your sauna including general use instructions. Please refer to the manual for instruction to register the warranty.
When you first receive your sauna:
1) Once you have setup your sauna be sure to wipe out the sauna with a damp cloth to clean up any extra sawdust that may have settled in the sauna post-production.
2) To turn on your sauna, press the “Power” button. You can now adjust the time and temperature for your sauna session and control the lights.
3) Instructions for setting and using the sauna controller are in your user manual.
Recommended Use of Your New Clearlight Sauna® Model:
The more you use your sauna, the more you will find your own personal preference as to how you like to use it. Remember, infrared heat is more effective at lower temperatures and your Clearlight Infrared Sauna® is designed to heat your body and not the sauna cabin air. Approximately 80% of the heat heats your body and 20% of the heat heats the air.
The following is our recommendations for use of your sauna:
In their book Beyond Antibiotics, Drs. Michael A. Schmidt et al. state the following: “Saunas are being used by some doctors to stimulate the release of toxins from the bodies of their patients. They have found that a lower temperature (105-130 F) sauna taken for a longer duration is most beneficial. These low temperatures stimulate a fat sweat, which eliminates toxins stored in fat, as opposed to the high temperature sauna, which encourages a water sweat.”
1) Turn your sauna on and warm it up for 10-15 minutes.
2) After this short warm up time, get in the sauna and turn the temperature on the thermostat up very high (150 degrees). Your sauna will not reach this temperature, but this will ensure that the heaters stay on the entire time and you will be receiving optimal infrared heat throughout your entire session.
3) Sit back and enjoy your sauna session. Since the key to infrared therapy is heating your body and raising your core body temperature you will find that you sweat more sitting up in the sauna with your back to the back wall heaters with the infrared heat on the back of your body. This positions you in such a way that the front wall heaters will be heating the front of your body.
4) During your session, the temperature will slowly climb inside the sauna. You will be warming up with the sauna. Remember, your Clearlight Infrared Sauna® is heating your body more so than heating the air and the air temperature will range between 115°F – 125°F depending on the ambient air temperature and how long you have the sauna on for.
5) Stay Well Hydrated. We put this in bold because it is essential to stay well hydrated in when using your sauna. It is estimated that 70% of people are dehydrated. When you are dehydrated, your body holds on to water and will not allow you to sweat very much. It is recommended to drink water before you get in the sauna and bring a quart of water into the sauna with you and drink it during your session. The general rule of thumb is that if you are thirsty after you exit your sauna you did not drink enough during your session.
What To Expect During Your Sauna Session
1) When you first get into to your sauna you will start to perspire in the first few minutes from the warm cabin temperature and the infrared heating starting to your you body.
2) After about 10 minutes, the infrared heat has started to stimulate the various systems in your body and you will start to sweat profusely. Of course, this timing will vary from person to person and from day to day. Some people sweat more easily than others. For some people, it may take several sessions for the infrared heat to kick-start the sweating process.
3) The recommended session time is 20-45 minutes. Some people are in their sauna for longer or shorter sessions depending on their preference and overall health. Starting with shorter sessions and slowly increasing your session time may be recommended if you have conditions to warrant this.
If you have any questions on the use of your new Clearlight Sauna®, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 800-798-1779. We are happy to answer any questions.
Thanks again for your purchase of a Jacuzzi® infrared sauna. Enjoy your sauna in good health!